Dallas Alford is a Partner at K-38 Consulting. With nearly 16 years of experience working with a wide variety of start-up, middle market and international companies, Mr. Alford has a strong understanding of industry-specific accounting and audit issues affecting start-ups, middle market and large, global companies. He now provides contract accounting and business consulting services, such as fractional CFO/Controller and finance department oversight, audit readiness, SOX implementation, accounting clean-up projects, the development and management of budgets/forecasts, profitability analysis, management recruiting, and due diligence procedures (no opinion rendered).
- 2020, Founded K38 Consulting to continue to better service his clients and expand the firm’s capabilities to better serve his clients. Mr. Alford has truly found his passion and is always looking for new clients that he can serve.
- From 2016 to 2019, Mr. Alford did freelance accounting work. He assisted a large biotechnology company with implementing and complying with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley act of 2002, assisted the Finance Department of a large hospital with refining their budgeting process, developing a FP&A process and streamlining their month-end close. Other various engagements include business process improvement, quality of earnings and fractional CFO/Controller services.
- From 2014 to 2016, Mr. Alford worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP as a 3rd year Senior Associate auditor performing integrated-audit services for publicly-traded clients in the Semi-Conductor, Industrial Products, Biotechnology and Life Sciences sectors with revenues in excess of $1B in addition to auditing start-ups in the Biotechnology and Life Sciences sector in the pre-IPO, S-1 filing and IPO stages.
- From 2012 to 2014, worked with Petway Mills & Pearson, PA, a Raleigh-based public accounting firm, as a Senior Accountant serving clients in the real estate development, governmental, not-for-profit, and various other industries.
- From 2007 to 2011, owned Atlantic Financial Consulting, a physician practice management consulting firm that provided outsourced medical billing, insurance credentialing, business process improvement EMR implementation and other various services.
- From 2004 to 2007, worked for McGladrey & Pullen, LLP as a supervisor overseeing audit engagements for clients in the governmental, pharmaceutical, non-profit and higher education sectors.
- From 2002 to 2004, worked for KPMG, LLP as a senior associate working on audits of manufacturing, higher education and various other clients.